Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetable khichdi with pomegranate raita recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetable khichdi with pomegranate raita recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some worth to that. But at times the last thing you want to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to hit the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because plenty of the popular fast food spots making the effort to make their menus healthier now. Here is how you can eat healthfully when you hit the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t so long ago that French Fries were your only side dish choice at a restaurant. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their products. Now you can get a range of salads. You could get chili. Baked potatoes may also be bought. You can make fruit. There are many healthy options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” aim to build a meal from side dishes. When you choose to do this you are able to keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Common logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, usually, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetable khichdi with pomegranate raita recipe. To cook vegetable khichdi with pomegranate raita you need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetable khichdi with pomegranate raita:
- Provide 1/2 cup moong dhuli dal
- Use 1/2 cup rice
- Provide 100 gram lauki
- You need 7-8 french beans
- Use 1 inch ginger
- Take 1 green chilli
- Get 1 red chilli powder
- Get 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- Use 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- Prepare 1 pinch hing
- You need to taste Salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp ghee
- Provide as needed curry leaves
- You need as needed Some coriander leaves
- Provide as needed Papad and pickle for presentation
Steps to make Vegetable khichdi with pomegranate raita:
- Wash and soak dal and rice for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile grated lauki after peeling and chopped bean's,ginger,chillies and coriander leaves
- Now cook dal and rice in a pressure cooker adding salt, turmeric powder,lauki and chopped beans for 2 whistles
- Meanwhile make raita by adding pomegranate juice in beaten curd
- After releasing pressure make tadka by heating ghee and crackle cumin seeds,heeng, curry leaves,ginger, chopped chillies and mustard seeds in it
- Add this to boiled khichdi
- Present in either way with pomegranate raita, crushed papad and pickle
If you find this Vegetable khichdi with pomegranate raita recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.